The Tabernacle Trip
When: March 23rd
- The Tabernacle reproduction in Lancaster, PA.
- Chocolate World
Who: Everyone is welcome to join us.
Time: Meet at Evangelical Free Bible Church at 7:45 AM, and depart by 8:00AM.
Driving down as a Caravan. Or, join someone else who has room in their vehicle.
Schedule and Description:
We should arrive to take the Tabernacle tour at 11 AM. The Tabernacle is a guided tour of a replica of the tabernacle the Israelites built after leaving Egypt. Presentation guides versed in the scriptural context and significance of the tabernacle and its furniture lead you in conversation from the Bronze Altar just inside the eastern gate of the courtyard to the Ark of the Covenant in the Holy of Holies. Even if you know little about Biblical history, this presentation is fascinating. But for those who know, this makes the story come to life. The tour is 45 minutes.
Next we will head to Hershey's ZooAmerica! This zoo features creatures of North America. We will eat packed lunches here (Please bring your own lunches), and see the animals. Bring quarters to feed the ducks!
After touring the Zoo, we will finish the day with the Chocolate World tour. (They give a small candy bar at the end of the ride.) Of course, there are lots of candy options there if someone would like to buy candy.
Cost: $17 per person, payable on the day of the trip
· Tabernacle tour is $8 per person.
· ZooAmerica is $9 per person.
· Chocolate World ride is free.
There are Optional activities at Chocolate World:
· Candybar making is $21.95 per person (children under 8 must be accompanied by paying adult)
· Chocolate Tasting experience is: Adult: $10.95 (Ages 13+), Child: $7.95 (Ages 3-12), Children Ages 2 and under FREE.
· Money for Souvenirs
· Quarters to feed the ducks
Schedule for the Day:
· Depart: 8:00 AM
· Tabernacle Tour: 11 AM
· ZooAmerica: 1 PM
· Chocolate World 4 PM
· Return home around 8 PM (or sooner if you cut down the time at the zoo, and/or skip Chocolate World.)
Please sign up today, so we know how many to expect.